THIS ADVENTURE IS INTERMEDIATE TO ADVANCED
- Must be comfortable and/or confident paddling a loaded board
- This is an unsupported paddle and conditions may be variable.
- You do not need to be an expert paddler but must have the fitness to paddle leisurely for approximately 4-6 hours with frequent rests.
- Be comfortable with expected camping conditions.
Paddle Canada SUP Touring Course Content
Touring 1 SUP Skills
- Safety equipment
- Group paddling dynamics
- Basic rescues & towing
- Stroke efficiency for longer distances
- Paddling in wavy conditions
- Paddling in wind
- Paddling a loaded board
- Decision making models & route planning
- Basic weather forecasting
- Exposed vs. sheltered shoreline
- Touring specific equipment
- Tides and currents
Paddle Canada Camping Basics Course Content
This is an introductory course to camp craft skills, aimed at those with minimal or no camping experience. The intention of this program is to introduce students to the fundamental concepts and skills necessary to safely enjoy camping in a campground or slightly remote setting.
With your purchase of this adventure, you will get lifetime access to our online Beginner's Camping Course for FREE >> click here << to check it out.
MEET YOUR SUP LEADER
Hi! I'm Pam!
I am a certified Paddle Canada SUP Basic & Advanced Flatwater Instructor, as well as a Coastal Touring 1 Instructor. My goal is to share a love of the ocean, from the perspective of paddling and ocean literacy in order to foster connections between people and between people and the sea. My teaching style emphasizes safety & technical skills while having fun in a positive, supportive environment.
Having studied Marine Biology at the University of Guelph & Commercial Photography at Sheridan College, I am blending my passions through teaching SUP in BC and ON. My love of the water has led me to many aquatic pursuits - canoeing as a child, competitive sailing, sprint canoe/kayak racing and long-distance Outrigger Canoe racing before discovering the sport of Stand Up Paddleboarding.
Girls On Boards Donation
Camping gear and meals can be booked with Algonquin outfitters.
All of your camping equipment and meals can be prepared for you via Algonquin Outfitters. Please click here to contact them directly or book online.
Please allow time on day 1 to pick up your gear at Algonquin Outfitters Lake of Two Rivers Store and Café.
Click here to see the store's proximity to Rock Lake Campground.
Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario
View In Maps