Explore the Gulf Islands
Over the course of 2 nights, we stay in campsites within the Princess Margaret Marine Park, Southern Gulf Islands, BC. Princess Margaret (Marine Park) is a part of the Gulf Islands National Park Reserve, one of Canada’s newest national parks. The park protects a portion of British Columbia’s beautiful southern Gulf Islands – a landscape of rocky headlands, forested hills and shorelines studded with colourful tide pools. The park resembles a patchwork quilt of protected lands scattered over 15 larger islands, and many smaller islets and reefs.
LEARN TO SUP CAMP
This overnight trip is the ideal way to take your SUP skills to the next level while learning the basics of backcountry camping.
- Must feel comfortable Stand Up Paddleboarding at an easy pace (with rest breaks) for 3 to 4 hours per day with a fully loaded board
- Advanced flatwater SUP certification or equivalent experience, skills and knowledge as assessed by the instructor. Paddlers need time and practice to sufficiently develop the skills learned in the prerequisite course before registering in this course. Please contact us if you are unsure if you meet the prerequisites.
- No previous camping experience is necessary
- Age restrictions 18+ (may consider mature 16+ who are strong paddlers)
Our island campsite set within the Gulf Islands National Park Reserve will serve as basecamp for 3 days. Here we will get a taste of remote wilderness camping while minimizing the concerns that first time wilderness campers face.
Amenities include picnic tables, animal-safe food storage (don’t worry there are no large animals on the island) and a composting outhouse. It is the perfect set up for learning the basics of Leave No Trace back country camping.
Here we feel worlds away from civilization. Our campsite overlooking the ocean and a white sandy beach is the perfect vantage point to watch the sunset while we eat dinner. We will be soothed to sleep in our cozy tents by the sounds of seals frolicking in the water and owls hooting from the Arbutus trees. There will be few signs of people and lots of immersion in nature.
Your guide will review all the site amenities and functions upon arrival as well as provide reminders for safe use where necessary.
MEET YOUR SUP LEADER
Hi! I'm Pam!
I am a certified Paddle Canada SUP Basic & Advanced Flatwater Instructor, as well as a Coastal Touring 1 Instructor. My goal is to share a love of the ocean, from the perspective of paddling and ocean literacy in order to foster connections between people and between people and the sea. My teaching style emphasizes safety & technical skills while having fun in a positive, supportive environment.
Having studied Marine Biology at the University of Guelph & Commercial Photography at Sheridan College, I am blending my passions through teaching SUP in BC and ON. My love of the water has led me to many aquatic pursuits - canoeing as a child, competitive sailing, sprint canoe/kayak racing and long-distance Outrigger Canoe racing before discovering the sport of Stand Up Paddleboarding.
Girls On Boards Donation
The Fly-in Bundle
The Fly-in Bundle is designed to support your adventure with all the tricky bits so you can fly-in and join us easily. This bundle includes;
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Sidney the night before your trip
- Nutritious camp meals for lunch Day 1 to lunch Day 3 (meals are prepared and packaged, you'll still have to cook them)
- Transportation includes; Airport pickup to hotel, Day 1 hotel to launch site, Day 3 landing site to airport or drop off within Sidney. *Transfers do not include transportation outside of Sidney. Taxi and bus service is available.
We recommend adding on the SUP Gear Rentals and Backcountry Camping Gear Rental to complete the ease of joining us. You can of course bring your own gear!
Canoe Cove Road, North Saanich, BC, Canada
View In Maps