Join Detailed Journeys in the Finger Lakes Region!
We'll be enjoying all there is to see and do around Seneca Lake: history, wine, cider, waterfalls, beautiful hikes, time on the lake, great food, local produce, plus all things Autumn. Fingers crossed for some prime foliage, but either way pack your plaid and prepare yourself for a magical time with like-minded people. Scroll down to see some of the many highlights, then click on the "itinerary" tab to see the full details!
The Tour Includes:
- Private wine tasting at Ravines Wine Cellar
- Wine tasting at Tabora Farm and Winery
- Lunch & wine flight at Fox Run Vineyards
- Sunset Sail on the Schooner True Love
- Stop at Damiani Winery for the view & purchase wine for our sail
- Apple picking
- Viewing 4 waterfalls
- Visit to Ganondagan Historical Site to learn about Haudenosaunee (Iroquois)
- 4 nights of accommodations during peak season in a two-bed double occupancy room
- Indoor pool at each hotel
- 5 days of transportation
- 2 breakfasts
- 1 dinner with a drink of your choice
- Airport transfers to and from Rochester (ROC)
- Photographs of you during the tour, with at least 5 edited images provided afterwards
- Travel consulting on transportation to/from trip & free-time activities
Read below to find out if this trip is right for you!
- All travelers must be 21 or older due to included alcohol activities on the tour. There is no requirement to imbibe, but the cost of these activities is built into the program price. Sober travelers are *more* than welcome, but there will be times where you will be at an establishment that makes wine and/or cider and is the main focus of the activity.
- Solo travelers and pairs/groups of friends and family. All rooms have double occupancy, if you are coming solo we'll match you with a roommate!
- Anyone who is or will be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to the start of the tour and tests negative for Covid-19 based on our "Covid-19 and Monkeypox Policy" outlined in our terms and conditions.
- Rigors-wise there are no requirements to hike, swim, or walk long distances so if those things aren't your cup of tea don't worry! There will be a lot of people in the area we are traveling due to the popularity of the region during this time of year.
- If you need ADA accommodations, please email us to discuss if we are able to make this trip work for you.
Departure: On Monday, October 3, do not book your return flight departure time earlier than 12PM due to the included group transfer between Geneva, NY and the Rochester Airport (ROC).
Please review our General Terms & Conditions here and see the departure specific terms and conditions regarding payments, changes, and cancellations below.
- $275 non-refundable deposit due at registration
- Balance of $1620 due by 9/1/2022. This can be paid in installments or all at once via credit card or PayPal.
- If you book between the final payment due date of 9/1/2022 and 9/29/2022 you will need to pay in full at registration. This is considered a last-minute booking.
Change Allowances: Due to the trip being released on 8/3/2022 and the start date being 9/29/2022 there will be no changes to another Detailed Journeys LLC group tour allowed.
Cancellation Fee Schedule: If you cancel between registering and on or before 9/1/2022, all paid funds minus any processing fees will be refunded excluding your non-refundable $275 deposit. If you cancel between 9/2/2022 - 9/29/2022 there is a 100% cancellation fee.
The Finger Lakes region is known for its many waterfalls and gorges. During your free time on Saturday we highly recommend you check out Watkins Glen State Park (pictured), the gorge features 19 waterfalls of differing heights. The path includes a lot of stairs, but you can take it at your own pace. Included on our itinerary we will stop to visit at least 4 waterfalls, all of which are very accesible and don't involve hikes.
Sunset Sail on Schooner True Love
Credit: photo from True Love website
Experience Four Wineries
The Finger Lakes Region of New York is also known for its wine and is home to over 100 wineries! During our time together we will visit:
- Fox Run Vineyard for our included welcome lunch & wine flight
- Damiani Wine Cellars for an included stop to purchase wine that we'll bring aboard our sunset sail
- Tabora Farm & Winery for an included wine tasting, then you'll have time to visit their deli and bakery
- Ravines Wine Cellar for an included private tasting
If you don't drink at all or don't drink wine you are *more* than welcome to come on this tour! The above mentioned features that are included are part of the package price, but you will still enjoy your time with the group, the beautiful locations we'll see, and at Fox Run and Tabora they have wonderful food as well.
To start our tour we will visit the Ganondagan State Historic Site & National Historic Landmark. It is the original site of the 17th century Seneca town that existed there more than 350 years ago.
"Ganondagan’s full-size, Seneca Bark Longhouse (1998), pictured here, is fully furnished to reflect a typical Seneca family from the late 1600’s, complete with reproductions of 17th century Seneca objects and colonial-era trade goods. The newly built Seneca Art & Culture Center tells the story of Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) contributions to art, culture, and society."
Credit: photo & descriptions are from the Ganondagan Website.
Stay at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
We'll enjoy two nights right on the south end of Seneca Lake! You can step outside to see the lake, plus we're walking distance from our sunset sail, Watkins Glen State Park, and the many fantastic local restaurants and cafes, it's the perfect location. Amenities include:
- Indoor pool & hot tub
- Patio with tables to enjoy a meal outdoor
- Outdoor fire pits
- Restaurant & bar
- Complimentary morning coffee & tea bar on each floor
Credit: photo from hotel website