Join our Detailed Journey's small group tour through the heart of Scotland!
Book by October 2 to save $100!
We'll travel through stunning landscapes and learn about the rich, storied, history of this beautiful country. Our itinerary begins in Edinburgh and continues on through the breathtaking Scottish Highlands as we visit Oban, Glencoe, Fort William, Mallaig, Loch Ness, and Inverness.
Our knowledgeable guide, Alison, will share fascinating stories of Scotland's past, present, and folklore. Included activities and meals allow you to delve into Scottish culture, traditions, history, and every-day life. As you travel with our small group, you'll also have the opportunity to meet like-minded travelers and form lasting connections.
Benefits of traveling with Detailed Journeys to Scotland:
- A maximum of 7 travelers
- Private Guide, who is STGA Blue Badge (top rank) certified
- Private transportation
- Centrally-located 3 & 4 star hotels, two of which are family-owned
- Daily included activities like riding on the famed Jacobite Steam Train over the Glenfinnan Viaduct
- Itinerary allows for free time in Edinburgh, Oban, and Inverness
- Unique optional add-on for a full day tour to the Isle of Lunga to see the puffins up close and Fingal's Cave on the Isle of Staffa
- Our first hotel night is May 20 in Edinburgh. May 19 is the start date for anyone who needs to travel overnight to get to Scotland.
- Rigors on this tour include: walking on cobblestones, stairs, and uneven ground, including up some hills in Edinburgh and Stirling. There are no elevators in our Oban and Fort William hotels. If you need help carrying a bag in Oban, the front desk can assist you. In Fort William, we recommend packing an overnight bag as you will just be there for one night. Our most rigorous parts of the tour are purposefully offered as optional experiences that can be added on.
- We ask that you pack light on this tour due to limited space for luggage in the van. You're welcome to have one carry-on or smaller checked bag (no giant suitcases please!) and a day bag that you can keep with you at your seat. We will provide you with a detailed packing list to help with this.
- Scotland is very good about dietary restrictions and food allergies. If you have any specific needs, please don't hesitate to check with us before booking.
- This tour is open to anyone who is 18+ and vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Your $300 non-refundable deposit is due at booking. Your trip must be paid in full by March 20, 2024. You are welcome to make installment payments or pay in full any time before then as well.
Interested in a single room?
We are going to offer one on this departure, but the single supplement cost will depend on how many double rooms we fill. Please email us to let us know if you are interested. Do not go through the registration process as it only has double room spots listed right now.