Welcome to HeartWork Journeys ...
Work & Travel Ventures with Purpose
If you're a purpose-driven and heart-centered female entrepreneur who is ready to live like a local, co-work with like-minded souls, and give back through social impact―then join us in vibrant Medellín, Colombia, for this powerful and unforgettable experience!
Kickstart a life that feels liberating, adventurous, and fun!
This Work & Travel Venture with Purpose retreat experience is designed for adventurous female entrepreneurs, remote workers, and creatives who have a strong desire to travel and the ability to work remotely, but who may be feeling stuck and are ready to write the next chapter of their lives. This 2-week venture is designed to invite you outside your comfort zone where you will be given the opportunity to discover what is possible while learning how to balance work, life, travel, and adventure while living in a foreign country.
In addition to providing quality accommodations and being accompanied by a seasoned, full-time digital nomad—you will have everything you need to feel safe, comfortable, and productive the moment you step off the plane. The Heartwork Journeys experience is an opportunity to truly immerse yourself in a change of scenery that will transform your outlook and productivity.
Our community will become a part of your new, worldwide family.
Medellín, Colombia, is an urban paradise surrounded by one of the most diverse and environmentally-rich countries on the planet. It is also a city that has undergone significant transformation throughout history. Over the past decade, it has emerged as a beacon of urban innovation and entrepreneurship, but it has long been known around the world for its art and design, outdoor festivals, breathtaking scenery, and, of course, Salsa.
Oh, and did we mention the weather? The city of Medellín is known as the "city of eternal spring" for a good reason. The weather is consistently pleasant, fresh fruits are always in season, and the outdoor cafes are always bustling.
Sooo, what is it actually like to live in Medellìn, Colombia? Where can two weeks take you? From a group crash course in Spanish upon arrival to Salsa lessons at a famed local Salsa club to tours of downtown and the famous graffiti of Comuna 13 - living in Colombia is nothing less than inspiring! The group will also take a day trip to a coffee plantation in the beautiful pueblo of Jardin, where we will enjoy coffee-tasting as well as see the whole process from planting the seed to the final step of grinding the coffee beans. Volunteering is also the best way to get off the beaten path and to experience the city on a deeper level, and a volunteer project will be organized by a local organization.
This venture is TOTALLY for you if …
- You are ready for a break and want to treat yourself to a getaway in a foreign country.
- You are curious to work and travel to a new location, but don't feel like doing it all alone.
- You are adventurous, capable, and ready to explore and step outside of your comfort zone.
- You would like to create a positive social impact and give back to the community you live in.
- You are committed to overcoming obstacles that might otherwise prevent you from achieving your goals.
- You are participatory and willing to discuss business ideas, give and receive feedback with the rest of the HeartWork Journeys community.
If you answered YES to three or more, then this adventurous retreat experience was made especially with YOU in mind…
…and that’s exactly why you’re going to LOVE this Work & Travel Venture with Purpose retreat experience.
It’s TWO full weeks of adventure, culture, coworking, masterminding, rejuvenation, giving back—and FUN—something we ALL desperately need after this past year, right?!
The Key Benefits Awaiting You ...
It's both easy and understandable to feel as though travel is out of reach at the moment. The idea of leaving the country likely presents more questions than it does answers.
You are not alone.
In fact, you are fully supported! During this experience you will:
- Build a global network of like-minded women who will support and empower you.
- Experience multiculturalism and connect with locals while giving back to the community.
- Feel reignited passion and purpose and redefine your idea of success.
- Simplify the logistics so you can spend less time ‘figuring it out’ and more time experiencing.
- Be empowered with the tools to live a freedom-based lifestyle.
- Navigate your way through living in a foreign country.
- Learn new skills and gain confidence about traveling solo.
- Step out of your comfort zone and face your fears about traveling abroad.
Your HeartWork Journeys Host
Ronda Taylor, Founder
Have you ever found yourself wondering what happened to that “reason-for-being” you felt before you reached midlife? Have you ever felt stuck without a clue of how to get that joy back in your life again?
For me, it was at the age of 53, when I found myself starting a new chapter in my life—one of awareness, self-discovery, and surrendering to the unknown. I sold everything I owned, left the comforts of my 23-year marriage, bought a backpack and a one-way ticket to Costa Rica, and embarked on a journey that was inspired eight years prior. A journey that was part business, part personal, part spiritual, and entirely whole-hearted.
As I started to share my story and ideas about starting HeartWork Journeys, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of women who also have the desire to travel and work remotely. Yet their fears about venturing into the unknown or traveling solo have prevented them from taking action. It was then I knew I wanted to share these travel experiences with other heart-centered women as they embarked on their own journey of the next chapter.
Five years, 13 countries, 27 passport stamps, countless tears, and numerous friendships later, I find myself calling Colombia my home base. As an award-winning book designer and author coach, I fully embrace the digital nomad lifestyle as I continue seeking adventures around the world.
In my spare time, I am an avid hiker, waterfall chaser, nature photographer, explorer, and an all-around adrenaline junkie.
What You Can Expect ...
As your host during our time together in Medellín, I will help you navigate the logistics of living in Colombia, whether it’s recommending a café or restaurant, riding the Metro, or helping you stay in touch with loved ones from home. I will also organize a few of the group activities during the week, including our work time at a neighborhood coworking space, and group adventures to explore Medellín like a local.
The first weekend we will explore the city and its many options for activities or tours. You can choose to venture out on your own or go with other participants.
Then, on Monday after breakfast or coffee—we will meet at the coworking space to handle our workday tasks or online meetings. You can decide if you want to spend additional time in the coworking space each day for business commitments or if you prefer to work from a nearby cafe. It is up to you how, when, and where you choose to spend your time during your workday.
Throughout the week, you can take time to experience the local scene—enjoy a meal with locals, Salsa lessons, walking tours, yoga classes, or visit one of the many museums, parks, art galleries, or even learn a little Spanish! The choice is yours!
Passport & VISA Requirements:
According to the main entity responsible for promoting tourism in Colombia, U.S. Citizens do not need a Colombian visa for stays up to 90 days or less. But they must have a passport valid for a minimum of six months after the return date.
Colombia’s Ministry of Health announced, effective December 14, 2021, new entry requirements for all travelers 18 years and older arriving in Colombia by air.
For non-resident foreign travelers 18 years and older:
- Vaccinated non-resident foreign travelers must present proof they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for at least 14 days prior to travel.
- If less than 14 days have elapsed or if the vaccination scheme is not complete, the traveler must present a PCR test with a negative result taken within 72 hours of boarding.
- Unvaccinated non-resident foreign travelers will not be allowed to enter Colombia.
You must arrive at the José María Córdova International Airport in Rionegro (MDE) on Friday, January, 28th before 3 pm so we can pick you up and get you settled in before dinner. (Please do not fly into Olaya Herrera Airport!) We recommend you depart on February 11th after 1 pm.
Our Cancellation Policy:
Our refunds are based on our own refund policies with our vendors:
- Cancel greater than 60 days prior to the trip and receive a full refund, less a 10% administration fee.
- Cancel 30-60 days prior to the trip and receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the trip will result in a full forfeit of fees unless we are able to fill your reservation with another participant.
- We reserve the right to cancel the trip if it is not meeting the trip minimum (if we do so your deposit is refunded in full). Trip cancellation insurance is always recommended whenever making travel plans.
*Special COVID-19 Cancellation Policy:
Should we be unable to travel due to the pandemic, your full payment amount will be credited and available to use towards a future trip with HeartWork Journeys for one (1) year from your trip start date.
View In Maps