As a child, Persefoni had always been fascinated by her fellow human beings: She felt a strong urge to understand them and to explore human nature so as, through this knowledge, to be able to help people by contributing to their evolution towards a higher ideal. At first, she tried to approach these concepts and goals through her University education, by pursuing a degree in Philosophy, Pedagogy and Psychology at the University of Athens. However, she soon realized that this academic approach was not enough. Thus, began her journey of inner exploration, her personal odyssey of self-knowledge, which in 2004 led her to meditation.
Through the splendid practice of meditation she was soon led to Yoga. Yoga made her realize that all Powers and Truths of the Universe reside within human beings, within ourselves. This is how after 5 years of intense meditation practice and many travels to India – the mother of Yoga – she got even more in touch with the qualities and philosophy of Yoga. In India she visited many different ashrams and met many yoga teachers who inspired her even more to proceed down the yogic path. She discovered that Yoga is the path which unites the external with the internal, the higher with the lower – which is precisely what the meaning of the word is in Sanskrit: Union.
Her approach to Yoga is s a form of a holistic approach which impacts upon all levels of human beings – the physical/material, the emotional and the intellectual. She offers classes that combine practices from Ηatha Yoga, Satyananda Yoga and Vinyasa. Her practice and classes of Yoga are powered by the insight that it helps human beings discover their roots and the deeper causes of the issues that concern them, at the same time while offering practices and valuable solutions which can help them grow and progress spiritually by bringing them closer to their true nature – happiness.
She has already completed 620 hours of yoga teacher education and her classes have a dynamic character and combine physical with meditative practice. During the classes, we approach yoga with respect and gratitude, appreciating the physical vitality and vigor but also the esoteric knowledge that this practice can gracefully reveal to us.
- From 2018 is an active member of Conscious Yoga Academy and she teaches in Yoga Teacher Trainings.
- 2012 she trained at the system of Satyananda Yoga , in Satyananda Ashram of Greece
- Hatha Yoga with Linda Kapetaniou at studio yoga “Lotos”
- 2014 Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga with Sue Elkind at N.Y.S.Y.S studio
- Kids Yoga with Christina Matsi at flowerkidsyoga
- Nada and Mantra Yoga Training with Michael Evaggelidi (Mahatman) and Stelio Karpathaki (Anandajyoti) at Nada Yoga Place
- Yoga and depression with Swami Sivamurti Saraswati at Satyananda Ashram Greece
- Yoga and neck – back issues with Mahatman Michael Evaggelidi at Satyananda Ashram Greece
- Theta Healing with Maria Telidou
- Scaravelli Yoga workshop with Diane Long
- Bach Flower Remedy certification with Gaia Dimitriou from Bach Center (England)
- Clinical aromatherapy Essential Vitae with Maria Zorzou
- Seminars about nutrition, sound healing, reiki 2nd degree, relationship coaching, dealing with death and all kind of fears, and various other self improvement seminars that had provided her valuable tools for her evolution and her lessons.