-------- Advanced Course for Growing Travel Planners --------
HOW TO SCALE YOUR GROUP TRIPS
This course was prepared over the last 3 years of YouLi Community events and contains valuable knowledge and advice from the top adventure travel experts.
The content is aimed towards the group tour operators, retreat planners, travel agencies and enterprises looking to take their business to the next level, provide extraordinary CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE, save ADMIN HOURS & increase CASH FLOW.
We thank our partners and ambassadors for generously sharing their knowledge.
Join YouLi Community of Group Travel Professionals to participate in LIVE session.
1. ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE SOFTWARE | Workshops “Powered by YouLi”
- · ONE PLATFORM to empower your trips | YouLi Demo
- · GET STARTED | Self-guided journey with features overview
- · How To | INTEGRATE itineraries with your website
- · How To | ONBOARD clients via Tasks
- · How To | Set up PRICING PACKAGES & Room Inventory
- · How To | AUTOMATE your workflows with Zapier
- · Start your own AFFILIATE PROGRAM | Workshop in partnership with Peak Flow OBM
2. ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE INDUSTRY | Webinars with the leading industry experts:
- · Build your TECH STACK over time with Stephanie Gaddin
- · Optimize your BUSINESS PROCESSES with Peak Flow OBM
- · PROTECT your business legally with Chunnie Wright
- · Provide DUTY OF CARE to your travelers with Wanderwell Travel Insurance and Peak Flow OBM
- · Thrive during the crisis: RELAUNCH successfully with Run Wild Retreats
- · Support your clients PRE-TRIP with Becki Rupp, Trailblaizer Wellness
- · Offer REFUNDABLE BOOKINGS at no extra cost with Refund Protect, presented by Reho Travel
- · Integrate bookings into your MARKETING FUNNEL with Natasha Vorompiova, Systemsrock
3. COMMUNITY & INSPIRATION | Conversations with the HEART:
- · Business case: Run transformational (and profitable) Private Retreats with Nick Vannello
- · Bonus: Behind the scene with Travel Business Owners: Melanated Travel and GoNaked Events
ONE PLATFORM to empower your trips | YouLi Demo
Who is this for:
- Working Without Borders empowered by YouLi
- The Best Software For Group Retreats
- How To Manage Charity Trips: Compassion UK
- Itinerary Software For Global Family Travels
- Easy Travel Booking Website For Group Adventures
- Group Travel Software For Global Enterprises
- Best Travel App For Private Transformational Retreats
GET STARTED | Self-guided journey with features overview
YouLi Onboarding Experience is a simple Checklist that helps you quickly and efficiently get familiar with the software functionality.
Once signed up, you are automatically enrolled. Please create a free YouLi account to activate the course and receive your personalized access link.
**If you cannot locate your personalized link, REGISTER HERE to view the public version.
01. LOG IN TO YOULI & SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT
02: [RECOMMENDED] SET UP A PASSWORD MANAGER
03. JOIN THE YOULI FACEBOOK GROUP
04. SET YOUR ACCOUNT TIME ZONE
05. UPDATE YOUR PROFILE
06. CONFIGURE YOUR BRANDING
07. ACCEPTING BOOKINGS VIA CREDIT CARD? CONNECT YOUR ACCOUNT TO STRIPE
08. [OPTIONAL] ADD TEAM MEMBERS
09. REVIEW THE SAMPLE JORDAN TRIP - THEN ARCHIVE IT
10. ADD A TASK & SET UP AUTOMATED TASK REMINDERS
10. CREATE A TRIP IN 'BROCHURE MODE'
11. CREATE A TRIP PAGE IN 'BOOKINGS MODE'
12. TRY ADDING A COUPON CODE
13. EXPLORE 'INVITATION GROUPS'
14. ADD (YOURSELF AS) A TRAVELER TO YOUR TRIP & SEND A MESSAGE + INVITE
15. WALK THROUGH YOUR TRAVELERS' FLOW - SEE YOUR TRIP COME ALIVE THROUGH THEIR EYES!
16. INTEGRATE WITH YOUR WEBSITE
To provide additional support for you and your team, the YouLi experts host regular community events and webinars.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY to get notified of the upcoming events.
How To | INTEGRATE itineraries with your website
- What is a Trip Embed and how it works
- Should you embed the entire trip collection or one trip at a time
- Difference between a Landing Page and a Booking Page
- Registration Forms and the customer journey
- Payment flow
- How do I integrate with my website?
How To | ONBOARD clients via Tasks
- Using interactive TASKS to onboard clients and them for the trip
- Must complete tasks: collecting explicit consent and informing participants about your policies
- Optional tasks: Offering travel insurance and branded merchandize
- Different types of tasks and responses
- Custom forms and client applications
How To | Set up PRICING PACKAGES & Room Inventory
- 3 levels of sophistication managing room inventory
- Difference between a Trip Brochure and Booking Page
- Overview of the PACKAGES feature: assigning rooms, MAX group size, MIN number of signups, # of spots left
- Planner View Vs Client View
- Adding & Editing Pricing Packages
- Coupons, personalized pricing and add-ons
- Automated cabin allocation
How To | AUTOMATE your workflows with Zapier
- What is ZAPIER and why Travel Planners should "ZAP" business platforms
- What are some simple automations that you can set up in 10 min and save hours of work.
- DEMO: step-by-step instructions connecting YouLi Registrations with Mailchimp Email list.
- Filters: how to work with "what if" conditions in Zapier. E.g. what if you only want to transfer travelers from one of your trips, or skip manual uploads.
- More apps: how to find out if your current platforms could be automated with Zapier - HubSpot, Facebook, Google Forms and more.
- Sign up for a personalized 1:1 tech consulting with the YouLi expert to set up any automations relevant to YOUR business
Start your own AFFILIATE PROGRAM | Workshop
1. Setting up your affiliate network:
- Who are your affiliates and how to give them access to your trips?
- What is your agreement with each of the affiliates?
- What are the best practices in setting a “fair” referral commission?
2. Affiliate reporting:
- The tools to make tracking your affiliates and commissions easy
- What is the process of paying out?
- What is a “Partner Referral Program” Vs “Traveler Loyalty Program”
- How to set up the right expectations with your affiliates
- How to share your itineraries with partners – referral links Vs “Integrate with website” feature
SOP - Creating an Affiliate Program Using YouLi - co-created with Peak Flow OBM
Optimize your BUSINESS PROCESSES | Webinar
- Adventure industry standards, risk management and tech tools
- How to showcase WAIVERS throughout the sign up process and using registrations forms
- The TASKS workflow
- The TIMELINES of collecting client data
- How to take the data from the YouLi trip pages and SHARE it with your partners, guides or destination managers
PROTECT your business legally | Webinar
- Understand the terminology to decide what is essential for YOUR practice: Business Liability Insurance CGL (Commercial & General Liability Insurance) Professional Liability Insurance (Errors & Emissions)
- Find the right legal assistance and what questions to ask
- Data protection & cybersecurity: why travel companies should consider cyber insurance Intellectual property protection: how to source your content correctly
- Waivers: what do they protect you against, terms and benefits.
Provide DUTY OF CARE to your travelers | Webinar
- Terminology: "Duty of care", "Assumption of risk"
- Can I require my customers purchase a travel insurance?
- Creating the ecosystem of duty of care: how do you handle negative emotional response during the trip?
- Considering engaging your community as an effective sales and risk management tool
- What are the minimum travel insurance requirements you can set for your clients
Thrive during the crisis & RELAUNCH | Webinar
- Post-pandemic updates for group travel businesses: adjustments and opportunities that came with the post-pandemic recovery
- How to build empowering travel collaborations Elinor Fish of Run Wild Retreats shares her insight on co-creating a transformational group event in collaboration with the TTC Ally, Roam Beyond eco-glamping company.
- The travel tech and booking platform behind the scene: how technology can empower your operational shifts and accelerate collaborations into a successful (re)launch of group trips.
Business case: Run Wild Retreats trip collection - review the setup
ADVANCED: Offer REFUNDABLE BOOKINGS at no extra cost | Webinar
- What is Refund Protect and how it works.
- Why did you decide to integrate with RP? Why would you recommend RP to other travel businesses?
- How do you explain the difference between refundable bookings and travel insurance? Can you/should travelers have both?
- What is the RP adoption rate among your travelers?
- How do you communicate the RP terms to travelers? Did you come across any misunderstandings?
- What do you recommend operators put in their terms and conditions regarding RP / What did you change in your terms & conditions when implementing RP?
- How did it impact your relationship with the clients?
- Have you experienced additional Customer care costs from increased inquiries
- The Refundable booking costs 5% for the traveler, but YouLi can be configured to add more.
- What % booking cost do you typically recommend?
- How do you define Cancellation (during cooling-off period) vs applying for a Refund?
- When does the trip "Start" for the purposes of claiming – when you leave your house on the way to the airport? Or when you arrive at the start of your tour if the flight is not included?
- Currently YouLi makes it possible to make the ENTIRE booking refundable, but you’re looking to allow them to make individual payments refundable, why is that important?
FAQ & RESOURCES:
Advanced: Integrate bookings into your MARKETING FUNNEL | Webinar
- What every tour operator should know about travel marketing data
- Why it's important to track your marketing data and how it is presented in YouLi platform
- How to effectively connect your platforms and grow your tech stack over time
- Marketing Data, SEO, Analytics - choose the right reporting and the dashboard
- Source Tracking - how it can impact your bookings, pricing structure, and revenue. 💥
- Case Study: "Run Wild Wellness & Retreats" - how to build a business marketing engine - YouLi In-app overview.
Bonus: Behind the scene with Travel Business Owners
- Group Tour Operators share the insights of launching a new travel brand and running retreats within the travel restrictions. Co-hosted by Nick Vannello of GoNaked Events and Sophia Boyer of Melanated Travel