A Private Retreat for Your Group of up to 12 people
Take your group on an amazing week of wellness, wisdom (and wine!) along the Mediterranean Sea in Costa Brava
This seven-day guided running retreat involves several point-to-point run along the Mediterranean Sea, creating a travel experience like non other. Every day your group will enjoy fantastic views and fun trails with charming Catalan guides (English-speaking) and some of the freshest, delicious cuisine Europe has to offer.
We recommend this itinerary in April, May or September to avoid the hottest and busiest time of year and to get the best weather. The total run distance for this retreat will be between approximately 32 and 38 miles. Each day’s run in this itinerary is represented by time spent on the trail rather than miles run because the mileage covered will depend largely on your run pace.
This Retreat is Level II
This retreat is rated Level II. This means it's suitable for you if:
- You’re comfortable running/hiking six days in a row. Our shortest run (including breaks) is 90 minutes, but most are around 3 to 4 hours (including hiking sections, water breaks and photo ops).
- You’re OK with running/hiking on trails with loose dirt, rocks and some muddy sections.
- You are fit enough to handle uphill hiking sections of trail that can range from 10 minutes to 1 hour
- You're OK with some exposure to sea cliffs and narrow trails
- You’re game for running in the rain (don’t worry about what to wear; we provide you with a comprehensive packing list).
Day Spa Experience in Girona
Now included in the Mediterranean Mindful Running Retreat is a luxurious spa experience!
What better way to cap your week of trail running village to village than to soothe your muscles in the healing waters of a modern spa situated inside a 2000-year-old stone enclave built by the Romans? Here you'll enjoy as part of your retreat package:
- Halotherapy in Himalayan pink salt sauna. The negatively charged ionized salt and trace minerals that are present in the sauna's atmosphere are said to naturally draw toxins and impurities out of the body, reduce inflammation, and improve respiratory ailments like asthma by clearing the lungs.
- Soak your run-wear muscles in soothing warm, hot or cold pools
- Enjoy a private 60-minute therapeutic massage
DailyTrail Runs with Professional Guides
Gourmet Food of the Costa Brava
This region's cuisine in renowned throughout Europe, as Catalonia boasts the greatest concentration of Michelin-starred restaurants in all of Europe. And you'll see why, even at the casual, family run restaurants at which we dine. Local dishes feature locally grown and harvested ingredients such as fish and seafood with fresh vegetables, olives, olive oil and rice. The most famous dish is Paella (pictured here), a deeply seasoned baked rice dish featuring seafood or vegetables. Most special dietary needs can be easily accommodated.
Costa Brava: National Geographic's "Top Travel Destination"
Costa Brava, in Catalonia, Spain is located in the northeast of the Iberian Peninsula, covering the coastal towns and villages of the beautiful province of Catalonia. It is home to some of the most delightful towns, villages and beaches along this 300 km stretch of the Mediterranean Sea. Backing into the Pyrenees along the French border, Costa Brava is a diverse region of extraordinary natural beauty and has a very deep artistic and historical heritage. Its natural beauty giving inspiration to famous artists such as Salvador Dali, Joan Miro and Pablo Picasso.
Our daily mileage may be short (runs are typically 4.5 - 8 miles), but these trails present some challenges! Previous trail-running experience isn't necessary, as your retreat leader will provide you with important tips and tools for navigating technical terrain and pacing yourself on these hilly trails. We'll run on all kinds of surfaces, from rocky trails to smooth dirt forest paths, along cobblestone streets and short sections of dirt road. We'll stop frequently along the way to take photos, have a snack and sip our water.
Retreat Travel Specialist on Call
Custom Group Trip Organizing App
This App makes it easy to:
- Keep track of who's coming and who hasn't yet committed
- Keep track of who's paid for their spot (if paying individually)
- Individual's add-ons or extra services
- See who's read the materials you sent and the tasks you've assigned them
- See who has completed their required retreat participant intake forms
- Keep track of special dietary needs and other requests
- Manage all your group emails in one trip planned activity feed
- Organize any other tasks or actions you want your group members to take before and after the retreat
Run Wild Retreats Gift Bag
- Custom sublimated Performance Run Tee
- Zipper Travel Bag, great for storing toiletries and other small items
- Engraved faux-leather luggage tag
- Two Run Wild Retreats stickers
- Run Wild Retreats Performance Run Hat by BoCo Gear
- Run Wild Retreats Custom Buff neck scarf
Travel Insurance Quote
Travel insurance is strongly recommended to protect your investment in this retreat and any unexpected expenses that may occur. In the event you or a family member becomes sick, injured or you need to stay home for work reasons, cancellation insurance may protect you.
We’ve partnered with Travel Guard to offer a personalized travel insurance package that includes cancellation of your trip for a variety of reasons. Travel Insurance can cover expenses association with such situations as:
- trip delay
- lost baggage
- medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become ill or injured
- you become sick or injured during the trip and need medical attention
- trip cancellation
- trip interruption
- missed connection
- cancel due to work reason
Travel Guard travel insurance plans that provide valuable coverage for travel mishaps and include 24/7 travel assistance.
To have us issue you a travel insurance quote, select this Add-On to your booking.
Then we will issue you a personalized, no-obligation quote for travel insurance. This policy is entirely optional. If you choose to purchase this policy, you will make payment directly to Travel Guard.
Private Transportation from Barcelona El Prat Airport
Klean Kanteen Water Bottle
View In Maps