During the four-day, three-night Moab Mindful Running Retreat, situated in a stunning desert landscape of red rock, soaring cliffs and delicate natural arches, you’ll tune in to what drives you—in running and in life—and make sure that your energy is going into the activities that most feed your soul.
Each day’s run offers a new challenge, and therefore opportunity, to learn something new and take your running to a whole new level because it is possible to be the runner you want to be without having to train harder and push yourself to exhaustion. While it’s not necessary to have run trails before, this retreat is recommended for runners who can comfortably run 8 miles or more on the road. With the support of your retreat leader and running guides, you’ll be able run at your own pace, without needing to keep up with anyone else. You’ll stop frequently to soak up the views, snack and hydrate and savor each mindful moment.
Through our practical clinics, informative discussions, mindful movement and free time for quiet contemplation, you’ll stop the energy drains and divert your energy back into your running. Become a durable, strong, motivated runner using these tools and techniques that will keep you healthy and injury free. Immerse yourself in the powerful healing energy of this vibrant desert landscape as you run scenic, challenging trails at a pace that is playful, relaxed and social.
This Retreat is Level II
This retreat is rated Level II, which means we recommend you have a base fitness level that allows you to run up to 8 miles at a time on roads. It doesn’t matter how fast or slow you run–really!
- Daily runs at this retreat range from 5 miles to 9 miles on singletrack trails.
- Two guides accompany the group to support the different pace groups, so there’s no pressure to run faster than you’re comfortable.
- Trail running experience isn’t necessary. Your retreat leader provides trail-running tips for running in this terrain.
- You’ll encounter trails with loose rocks, and some exposure to heights. You can walk/hike trail sections as you need.
- The trail surfaces are a mix of loose sand, sandstone rock and dirt trail. None of the trails are truly flat--you have to focus on your footing, which is why we stop often to take photos and soak up the views.
- Trail running shoes and a hydration pack that can carry at least 1 L of water are required.
Learn more about how we manage run pacing here: https://runwildretreats.com/about-the-run-wild-retreat-experience/levels/
Three Nights at the Red Cliffs Lodge (Included)
Klean Kanteen Water Bottle
Travel Insurance Policy Quote
Travel insurance is strongly recommended to protect your investment in this retreat and any unexpected expenses that may occur. In the event you or a family member becomes sick, injured or you need to stay home for work reasons, cancellation insurance may protect you.
We’ve partnered with Travel Guard to offer a personalized travel insurance package that includes cancellation of your trip for a variety of reasons. Travel Insurance can cover expenses association with such situations as:
- trip delay
- lost baggage
- medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become ill or injured
- you become sick or injured during the trip and need medical attention
- trip cancellation
- trip interruption
- missed connection
- cancel due to work reason
Travel Guard travel insurance plans that provide valuable coverage for travel mishaps and include 24/7 travel assistance. To have us issue you a travel insurance quote, select this Add-On to your booking.
Then we will issue you a personalized, no-obligation quote for travel insurance. This policy is entirely optional. If you choose to purchase this policy, you will make payment directly to Travel Guard.
Moab, UT, USA