A Private Retreat for Your Group of up to 16 people
Your group will enjoy a mix of running and hiking on well-established trails on rolling terrain that will involve some uphills and downhills, but avoids major climbs, exposed terrain or high peaks. Since running at 9,000 feet in elevation is challenging, we'll keep the pace relaxed and take frequent breaks to snack, hydrate and enjoy the views.
Trail running at at such high elevation can be tough, which is why we've selected trails that strike an ideal balance between runnability and scenic reward.
You'll spend about half the day on the trail, savoring each day's run, always ending with a picnic lunch followed by free time to explore the town, enjoy the spa at a luxurious hotel in Mountain Village with the option to add spa treatments or a private group yoga class to your package.****
The total run distance for this retreat will be between approximately 25 and 29 miles. Each day's run in this itinerary is represented by time spent on the trail rather than miles run because the mileage covered will depend largely on your run pace. Faster runners will cover more mileage than slower runners in some cases. These run times include breaks to enjoy the views, take photos, eat and drink. The precise route and trails run may change due to changes to trail routes, weather conditions, guide recommendations and other safety considerations.
Note that since all the runs take place at high elevation, our pace will be relatively slow and involve lots of hiking sections. Hydration packs, a hat, shell jacket and trail-running shoes are required.
This Retreat is Level II
This retreat is rated Level II. This means it's suitable for you if:
- You’re comfortable running/hiking four days in a row. Our shortest run is 90 minutes, but most are around 3+ hours (including hiking sections, water breaks and photo ops).
- You have some trail running experience and the fitness to run at least 8 miles on road.
- You’re OK with running/hiking on trails with loose dirt, rocks and some muddy sections.
- You don't have any health issues that may be worsened by intense exercise at high elevations (we'll be running slowly between 9,000 and 11,000 feet).
- You are able to handle long uphill and downhill terrain without pain or exacerbating an existing injury.
- You have (or are willing to acquire before the retreat) trail running shoes and a hydration pack.
IMPORTANT: Running at high elevation (even slow running with lots of breaks, as we do) is strenuous. As much as possible, we offer you options to modify runs (shorten or hike instead of run) as needed to help you feel good throughout the retreat. Our retreat leaders and guides will support and advise you as much as possible, however, it is ultimately your responsibility to make sure you stay hydrated, well fueled and pace yourself in a way that is suitable for your fitness and well being.
3 Nights at a Hotel in Mountain Village
Trail Running in the Colorado Rockies
THE ENVIRONMENT / ALTITUDE
Since the trails we'll run are between 8,300 and 10,000 feet in elevation, the relatively thin air will encourage all of us (even those who live at altitude!) to run somewhat slower than normal. Even if you're coming from sea level, you'll be able to adapt your pace to adjust to running at these elevations. The air at this elevation is extremely dry, therefore, a hydration pack or waist belt to carry water bottles is required, as are trail-running shoes.
We'll run on a mix of dirt roads and singletrack trails used mainly for hiking and mountain biking. Your retreat leader provides you with specific tips for navigating trail's rocks, roots, uphills and downhills, to ensure your comfort and safety. You'll take frequent breaks to take photos, enjoy the views and stay hydrated. You'll alternate hiking and running as needed to keep the pace within your comfort zone.
Run Wild Retreats Gift Bag
- Custom sublimated Performance Run Tee
- Zipper Travel Bag, great for storing toiletries and other small items
- Engraved faux-leather luggage tag
- Two Run Wild Retreats stickers
- Run Wild Retreats Performance Run Hat by BoCo Gear
- Run Wild Retreats Custom Buff neck scarf
CUSTOM GROUP TRIP ORGANIZING APP
This App makes it easy to:
- Keep track of who's coming and who hasn't yet committed
- Keep track of who's paid for their spot (if paying individually)
- Individual's add-ons or extra services
- See who's read the materials you sent and the tasks you've assigned them
- See who has completed their required retreat participant intake forms
- Keep track of special dietary needs and other requests
- Manage all your group emails in one trip planned activity feed
- Organize any other tasks or actions you want your group members to take before and after the retreat
Retreat Planning Specialist On Call
Treatment at The Peaks Spa
Choose to add to your retreat package a spa treatment of your choice at The Peaks Spa in Mountain Village (see spa menu attached). Please note that treatment options are subject to appointment availability.
The Spa at The Peaks Resort defines a true spa experience, dedicated to enhancing the quality of life and well-being for each and every guest. Here, you will find a tempting array of experiences, including traditional and innovative spa services and fitness and outdoor recreation surrounded by the pristine beauty of 14,000-foot Rocky Mountain peaks. Find restoration, transformation and renewed energy while experiencing the luxuries of this 42,000-square foot sanctuary.
Private Yoga and Meditation Class
Transportation to/from Telluride or Montrose Airports
Extra Nights in Telluride
Travel Insurance Policy Quote
Travel insurance is strongly recommended to protect your investment in this retreat and any unexpected expenses that may occur. In the event you or a family member becomes sick, injured or you need to stay home for work reasons, cancellation insurance may protect you.
We’ve partnered with Travel Guard to offer a personalized travel insurance package that includes cancellation of your trip for a variety of reasons. Travel Insurance can cover expenses association with such situations as:
- trip delay
- lost baggage
- medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become ill or injured
- you become sick or injured during the trip and need medical attention
- trip cancellation
- trip interruption
- missed connection
- cancel due to work reason
Travel Guard travel insurance plans that provide valuable coverage for travel mishaps and include 24/7 travel assistance. To have us issue you a travel insurance quote, select this Add-On to your booking.
Then we will issue you a personalized, no-obligation quote for travel insurance. This policy is entirely optional. If you choose to purchase this policy, you will make payment directly to Travel Guard.
Klean Kanteen Water Bottle
Telluride, CO, USA